September 4, 2015

Back to School Night Update

Dear Parents, Families, Teachers, and Students,

First off, you rock! Thank you for taking this important leap with us to infuse technology into our classrooms.

I delivered the message below to LCE's Back to School Night.


Starting school this year with 600 new computers in our classrooms has been a big adventure that we are all still adjusting to, but we couldn't be more happy with the initial reception and overall enthusiasm. 

Here are some quotes from our 5th graders from a recent survey (and I'll get to work on the noted wifi issue :)

What is the best part of having a Chromebook at school?

"I like having the opportunity to use a computer."

"I don't have to worry about losing any paper flashcards or wasting time digging around in my backpack to look for them, they are all on the Drive, an easy to find place."

"Having a Chromebook at school is like you have a private teacher at school with you."

What do you need help with if anything?

"I search around and figure it out."

"Nothing, right now I only wonder about stuff like advanced sync setting."

"I don't really need any help with the Chromebooks at all. Let's just say I'm experienced, but I wasn't  last year."

"My wifi sometimes doesn't work and is very slow. It doesn't happen all the time."